Join over 250,000 IT professionals who’ve earned Security+ certification
If you’re an IT professional hoping to progress in your career, then you know that the CompTIA Security+ exam is one of the most valuable certifications available. Since its introduction in 2002, over a quarter million professionals have achieved Security+ certification, itself a springboard to prestigious certifications like the CASP, CISSP, and CISA. The CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: SY0-401 covers 100% of the Security+ exam objectives, with clear and concise information on crucial security topics.
You’ll find everything you need to prepare for the 2014 version of the Security+ certification exam, including insight from industry experts on a wide range of IT security topics. Readers also get access to a robust set of learning tools, featuring electronic flashcards, assessment tests, robust practice test environment, with hundreds of practice questions, and electronic flashcards. * CompTIA authorized and endorsed * Includes updates covering the latest changes to the exam, including better preparation for real-world applications * Covers key topics like network security, compliance and operational security, threats and vulnerabilities, access control and identity management, and cryptography * Employs practical examples and insights to provide real-world context from two leading certification experts * Provides the necessary tools to take that first important step toward advanced security certs like CASP, CISSP, and CISA, in addition to satisfying the DoD’s 8570 directive
If you’re serious about jump-starting your security career, you need the kind of thorough preparation included in the CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: SY0-401.
The first book to reveal and dissect the technical aspect of many social engineering maneuvers
From elicitation, pretexting, influence and manipulation all aspects of social engineering are picked apart, discussed and explained by using real world examples, personal experience and the science behind them to unraveled the mystery in social engineering.
Kevin Mitnick—one of the most famous social engineers in the world—popularized the term “social engineering.” He explained that it is much easier to trick someone into revealing a password for a system than to exert the effort of hacking into the system. Mitnick claims that this social engineering tactic was the single-most effective method in his arsenal. This indispensable book examines a variety of maneuvers that are aimed at deceiving unsuspecting victims, while it also addresses ways to prevent social engineering threats.
- Examines social engineering, the science of influencing a target to perform a desired task or divulge information
- Arms you with invaluable information about the many methods of trickery that hackers use in order to gather information with the intent of executing identity theft, fraud, or gaining computer system access
- Reveals vital steps for preventing social engineering threats
Social Engineering: The Art of Human Hacking does its part to prepare you against nefarious hackers—now you can do your part by putting to good use the critical information within its pages.
Now in its third edition, this classic guide to software requirements engineering has been fully updated with new topics, examples, and guidance. Two leaders in the requirements community have teamed up to deliver a contemporary set of practices covering the full range of requirements development and management activities on software projects.
- Describes practical, effective, field-tested techniques for managing the requirements engineering process from end to end.
- Provides examples demonstrating how requirements “good practices” can lead to fewer change requests, higher customer satisfaction, and lower development costs.
- Fully updated with contemporary examples and many new practices and techniques.
- Describes how to apply effective requirements practices to agile projects and numerous other special project situations.
- Targeted to business analysts, developers, project managers, and other software project stakeholders who have a general understanding of the software development process.
- Shares the insights gleaned from the authors’ extensive experience delivering hundreds of software-requirements training courses, presentations, and webinars.
New chapters are included on specifying data requirements, writing high-quality functional requirements, and requirements reuse. Considerable depth has been added on business requirements, elicitation techniques, and nonfunctional requirements. In addition, new chapters recommend effective requirements practices for various special project situations, including enhancement and replacement, packaged solutions, outsourced, business process automation, analytics and reporting, and embedded and other real-time systems projects.
The highly successful security book returns with a new edition, completely updated
Web applications are the front door to most organizations, exposing them to attacks that may disclose personal information, execute fraudulent transactions, or compromise ordinary users. This practical book has been completely updated and revised to discuss the latest step-by-step techniques for attacking and defending the range of ever-evolving web applications. You’ll explore the various new technologies employed in web applications that have appeared since the first edition and review the new attack techniques that have been developed, particularly in relation to the client side.
- Reveals how to overcome the new technologies and techniques aimed at defending web applications against attacks that have appeared since the previous edition
- Discusses new remoting frameworks, HTML5, cross-domain integration techniques, UI redress, framebusting, HTTP parameter pollution, hybrid file attacks, and more
- Features a companion web site hosted by the authors that allows readers to try out the attacks described, gives answers to the questions that are posed at the end of each chapter, and provides a summarized methodology and checklist of tasks
Focusing on the areas of web application security where things have changed in recent years, this book is the most current resource on the critical topic of discovering, exploiting, and preventing web application security flaws..
Excel at Excel with the help of this bestselling spreadsheet guide
John Walkenbach’s name is synonymous with excellence in computer books that decipher the complexities of Microsoft Excel. Known as “Mr. Spreadsheet,” Walkenbach shows you how to maximize the power of Excel 2013 while bringing you up to speed on the latest features. This perennial bestseller is fully updated to cover all the new features of Excel 2013, including how to navigate the user interface, take advantage of various file formats, master formulas, analyze data with PivotTables, and more.
Whether you’re an Excel beginner who is looking to get more savvy or an advanced user looking to become a power user, this latest edition provides you with comprehensive coverage as well as helpful tips, tricks, and techniques that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Shares the invaluable insight of Excel guru and bestselling author “Mr. Spreadsheet” John Walkenbach as he guides you through every aspect of Excel 2013
- Provides essential coverage of all the newest features of Excel 2013
- Presents material in a clear, concise, logical format that is ideal for all levels of Excel experience
- Features a website that includes downloadable templates and worksheets from the book
Chart your path to fantastic formulas and stellar spreadsheets with Excel 2013 Bible!
Printed in full color.
You’ll do hands-on coding in every chapter. You’ll start by building simple animated shapes, then make your own player–who can do cartwheels! You’ll learn how to build your own games from start to finish, including a monster eating fruit, a cave puzzle, and rafting on a river. You’ll animate simple shapes to create a model of the solar system, and make your own website so that you can show off your games with your friends. If you just want to make games, jump to the lessons focusing on projects. To understand some of the theory better or if you need some help with functions, turn to the chapters that explain the programming concepts. We’ll walk you carefully through all the math needed to bring games to life.
Best of all, you get to create awesome games and say, “I made this!”
Create Amazing 3D Characters with Blender: From Design and Modeling to Video Compositing
Learning Blender walks you through every step of creating an outstanding animated character with the free, open source, 3D software Blender, and then compositing it in a real video using a professional workflow. This is the only Blender tutorial to take you from preproduction to final result, and it’s perfect for both 3D novices and those who’ve used other 3D Software.
Focusing on Blender 2.71 and above, 3D-professional Oliver Villar explains all the basics, including Blender’s interface, controls, and how to manipulate objects. Once you’ve mastered the fundamentals, you’ll follow a realistic 3D workflow through a complete project.
You’ll find chapters on every aspect of the character creation: design, modeling, unwrapping, texturing, shading, rigging, and animation. Once your character is ready and animated, you’ll learn how to integrate it into a real video using camera tracking techniques, lighting, and compositing. Each skillset is taught hands on, and available online video tutorials (more than 5 hours) will guide you through Blender’s trickier tasks.
By the time you’re done, you’ll understand how the whole process fits together, and how to use Blender to create outstanding characters for all media. You’ll also build strong Blender skills you can apply in any 3D project, whether it involves characters or not.
Learn How To
- Master Blender’s innovative user interface, navigation, and selection techniques
- Create your first scene with Blender and get comfortable with its core tools
- Prepare for projects so they’ll go as smoothly as possible
- Use modeling tools to create a 3D character
- Bring your character to life with color, textures, and materials
- Create your character’s skeleton and make it walk
- Make the most of Blender’s Camera Tracking tools
- Add lights to your 3D scene
- Render with Blender Internal or the powerful new Cycles render engine
- Composite your 3D character into a real video
- Switch to Blender from 3ds Max, Maya, or XSI
Register your book at informit.com/register to access all of this book’s production files, plus bonus video tutorials, and a useful Blender keyboard shortcut reference.
A full-color introduction to the basics of HTML and CSS from the publishers of Wrox!
Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. Joining the professional web designers and programmers are new audiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update a content management system or e-commerce store) and those who want to make their personal blogs more attractive. Many books teaching HTML and CSS are dry and only written for those who want to become programmers, which is why this book takes an entirely new approach.
- Introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone—hobbyists, students, and professionals—and it’s full-color throughout
- Utilizes information graphics and lifestyle photography to explain the topics in a simple way that is engaging
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress through the chapters from beginning to end or just dip into topics of particular interest at your leisure
This educational book is one that you will enjoy picking up, reading, then referring back to. It will make you wish other technical topics were presented in such a simple, attractive and engaging way!
With the iOS 8.1 software and the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Apple has taken its flagship products into new realms of power and beauty. The modern iPhone comes with everything—camera, music player, Internet, flashlight—except a printed manual. Fortunately, David Pogue is back with this expanded edition of his witty, full-color guide: the world’s most popular iPhone book.
- The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. This book unearths all the secrets of the newest iPhones. Bigger screens, faster chips, astonishing cameras, WiFi calling, Apple Pay, crazy thin.
- The iOS 8.1 software. Older iPhone models gain predictive typing, iCloud Drive, Family Sharing, “Hey Siri,” the Health app, and about 195 more new features. It’s all here, in these pages.
- The apps. That catalog of 1.3 million add-on programs makes the iPhone’s phone features almost secondary. Now you’ll know how to find, exploit, and troubleshoot those apps.
The iPhone may be the world’s coolest computer, but it’s still a computer, with all of a computer’s complexities. iPhone: The Missing Manual is a funny, gorgeously illustrated guide to the tips, shortcuts, and workarounds that will turn you, too, into an iPhone master.